Thank you everyone for your expressions of concern. I'm basically OK, but really sore and gimpy and not very mobile yet. The road rash is healing, the broken clavicle is not that big a problem, just very sore. The biggest problem is extreme bruising or hyper extension in my right hip joint. It's still pretty hard to take tiny steps. I'm planning to leave the hospital later this afternoon (Tuesday) with the aid of a rolling walker. I didn't think I'd be using one of those for another 25-30 years.
My wife, Pat, is driving down now. If all goes as planned we'll spend tonight in a local motel and drive back to Allentown tomorrow. I'll try to post another update to let everyone know when I'm back home.
Sorry hear the news... just horrible.
ReplyDeleteHopefully you return to full strength quickly.
Get well soon, hopefully we can find a card here and all sign it for you. Such a shame :(
ReplyDeleteHi Mike,
ReplyDeleteI am sorry to hear the news about your injury and having to
end your ride. I am praying for a speedy and complete
recovery for you. Please keep us informed of your progress.
Take Care...
Steven Griffin
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry. Ken and I send you our love.
ReplyDeleteJust read your post! Glad to hear you're ok friend!
ReplyDeleteMike,
ReplyDeleteI just heard/read the news. I am so sorry about this. I hope your recovery is quick. Hang in there.
Mike,
ReplyDeleteI just got the sad news - I'm very sorry it happened, but very glad it wasn't more serious. I suspect you're already plotting your recovery - please keep your blog going as you work through this "detour"!