Sunday, May 13, 2012

No riding this weekend - instead, A Wedding!

Me with Kari and Josh
Less than one week to the start of my ride, but I didn't ride this weekend.  I had a much more important commitment.  My wife and I flew to Houston on Friday for the wedding of my daughter on Saturday.  It was a great day.  Everything about the occasion was perfect, the ceremony, the church, the reception, the weather - and the bride was exceptionally beautiful!  (The groom was quite handsome, too).  :-)  I walked her down the aisle and "gave her away", but I know she's in good hands.  Josh is a great guy and we're thrilled for both of them.

I owe a special thanks to Kari and Josh for working out their plans around mine.  I was thrilled to walk Kari down the aisle and am thankful they picked a date which allowed me to be a part of it without having to interrupt my trip.

Now my focus shifts back to the ride.  I'll get in a few more training rides this week, plus finalizing the packing, travel arrangements and all the last minute details.  I'm excited, anxious, a bit apprehensive but ready to get going - the sooner the better!

Keep watching and reading while I wrap up the preliminaries and I get rolling for real next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment