Because I had lots of other things to get done today I only did a short ride of 26 miles this morning. To make up for the low mileage I did lots of climbing. I headed to Emmaus and climbed up and down South Mountain five times over various roads. The last time I did this a friend from work, Joe, suggested that Oak Hill Rd. from the south was the toughest climb in the area. I hadn't done that one last time, but I did it today. Joe, you're right - that one's a killer. Still, I did it this morning without stopping. Definitely a confidence builder. Now I've got an aching back from all the climbing, but it's good preparation.
I don't know how well I'll do when it comes to the climbs on the TransAm, but I think I'm as ready as I'm going to be. The difference likely will be that some climbs will be much longer. Hopefully they won't be any steeper. The longest climbs over South Mountain are only about 1 mile but a couple of them are pretty steep.
No comments:
Post a Comment