Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Comments - keep them coming

Just a quick note to thank everyone who has posted comments.  They are really appreciated and give me feedback that people are out there reading.  As I suspected, it's a bit of a challenge just to keep up with writing a blog entry and uploading photos with everything else we've got going on.  So I probably won't respond to each individual comment, but please keep them coming.  If you ask specific questions about any aspect of our trip I'll try my best to answer them.

Thanks everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Mike,
    Andy Kralick, Shirley and I are following
    your blog religiously. (O.K maybe not religiously, but fairly closely!) Andy and I are talking about retracing your "Tire-steps" years from now taking this same approach of a "Victory Lap - Post Retirement". Your Ladder Shower Picture knocked Shirley out of the plan. I waivered a little bit, but Andy was still "Good to Go"! Keep on
    peddling and Keep those pictures coming! Perhaps by the time Andy and I do this same trip they will have Garmin's for bikes to save the extra miles :-) Can't wait for today's entry. Stay Hidrated!! Don Wingate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don,
      They do have GPS for bikes. Ubald from The Netherlands and Huey from Colorado have them. They seem to work pretty well, but that's one more bit of technology you have to tend to and keep charged up every day. I'm happy with my setup, as long as I pay attention.

      Delete
  2. I intend to follow your entries and I would love to have the same post retirement ride as well. I hope you find a same pace rider soon and don't need to be a lonesome rider. I know I'd rather ride with someone, but I suspect there will be times you will want to ride on your own to simply clear your mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Russ,

      Yesterday and today I rode with the main group which is about seven riders. We let Ubald and Simon go ahead since they ride much faster than everyone else. Monica and Greg, a married couple from Alaska, ride together and generally faster plus they like to stop for birdwatching along the way. Everyone else has started riding mostly together or at least watching out the we're all making the right turns. It's nice because it forces me to take a bit more moderate pace which is better for me in the long run.
      So all is good!

      Delete
  3. I have been keeping track as well. Keep up the good Posts cause we are reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep the updates and the pictures coming. You have me psyched for some riding this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE how this particular post got the most comments so far (well, I only noted how many comments you've received since the start of your ride).

    ReplyDelete