Sunday, July 15, 2012

Not Enough Hours in the Day

Apologies again for falling behind in my blogging.  There just aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done that I'd like to do.

I suspect most of you find the photos I post more interesting than my text.  Unfortunately, it's the photos which take the most time.  I have to sort through dozens of shots I take everyday, select a few (sometimes too many) to post, then resize them so they'll upload in a reasonable time.  The quality of the internet connections is highly variable and sometimes just uploading the photos takes a long time.

Today I thought I'd have time to get caught up, but we had a 75 mile ride from Lander, WY to Dubois, WY.  Breakfast was at 6:00am so we could get started early because we knew the day would be long.  Not only was it 75 miles, but it was almost all uphill.  Lander is at ~5480 ft. and Dubois is at ~7410 ft.  Add to that a very unfavorable, strong cross/headwind for much of the day.  I left at 6:45am and arrived in camp at 4:00pm, a 9-1/4 hour ride.  Plus, I was on cook duty today, so I didn't have much free time.

So I'm sorry I haven't caught up, but I'll try to do so tomorrow or the next day.  Tomorrow we ride over Togwotee Pass (9658 ft.) and then down into Teton National Park.  Then we have a rest day on Tuesday.  I'll try to get caught up soon.

Please bear with me and keep checking back.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment