I got two good days of rides in this weekend. Saturday I did 65 miles, riding east to Bethlehem, then across the Saucon Valley area then over South Mountain into Macungie. This time I had the good sense to climb up Indian Creek Rd. to Heistand Rd. up to St. Peters Rd. avoiding Salem Bible Church Rd. which was my undoing last weekend. The weather was nice, not very sunny, but after a cool morning temperatures rose to the mid-60s by noon.
 |
| Me and my bike in front of a lilac bush alongside Saucon Creek. |
This morning was much cooler, but I got in a nice 42 mile ride. The weather forecast all week was predicting morning rains, but after rain overnight there was a nice break this morning. I started out at 7:00am and only got caught in a light sprinkle the last 3 miles. It has rained pretty much the rest of the day, so I was fortunate to get my ride in before that. Hope we can be so lucky on our TranAm ride.
 |
| A classic Pennsylvania Dutch style barn in southwestern Lehigh County. |
 |
| A view of the Pennsylvania countryside. |
No comments:
Post a Comment