Although the weather wasn't great it was very comfortable and the ride was good. I did 49 miles which keeps me on track to meet my pre-ride goal. I still avoided any major climbs, but took on a lot more hills today than yesterday. I didn't feel any effects from my surgery. I'd say that's behind me now. I just need to keep up my mileage and I'll be ready in May.
My route today went east to Bethlehem then south into the Saucon Valley area, back to the west in the area south of the Lehigh Valley's South Mountain, then down the north side of South Mountain into Macungie. This route doesn't really climb directly over the mountain. Instead it meanders along the south side gradually climbing to the top in smaller segments. Then it drops directly down the north side. It would be much more challenging in the opposite direction.
According to www.mapmyride.com, today's ride covered an elevation range of ~250ft. to 1025 ft. with a total ascent of 1388 ft. That compares to yesterday's flat ride which covered a range from ~375 ft. to 545ft. with a total ascent of 492 ft. I'm not sure how much I trust their route data, but it's probably in the ballpark and gives a good idea how various routes and climbs compare. I use this site a lot to map my rides and check out potential rides.
Here are a few photos from today's ride:
| The Lehigh University football stadium - on Lehigh's south campus, south of Bethlehem, PA |
"lifestyle centers", sounds dreadful! Started reading your blog, only a year late lol.
ReplyDelete