Saturday, March 3, 2012

Spring is coming


Another almost spring day and I was able to get out and ride again.  It was in the low 40s and overcast when I started, but it warmed up and got sunny after a couple of hours.  It felt really good to be out again.

I picked a route which included a couple of decent climbs, out to the local ski “mountain”.  Bear Creek Mountain Resort is a small ski area about 12 miles southwest of Allentown.  It’s a bit of an exaggeration to call it a mountain, but it’s a successful local area with a resort hotel and conference center.  Of course we haven’t had enough natural snow to support any skiing this winter.  All of the eastern Pennsylvania ski areas rely on man-made snow.  They were still skiing there today, though it looked like the snow was pretty brown and worn.  Seeing a few skiers up on the slopes I wondered who was more delusional today, me thinking it was spring-like enough to be out riding or them thinking it was still winter enough to ski.  Today I’d say it was them.  
A few skiers were on the slopes at Bear Creek today

No comments:

Post a Comment