Sunday, March 18, 2012

Welcome Spring!

Even though spring doesn't officially arrive until Tuesday it was here in the Lehigh Valley, PA this weekend.  It's been a very mild winter.  I've been able to ride several of the past weekends, but this weekend was the best weather yet.  I rode 41 miles yesterday and 50 miles today.  The best part was I felt as good today as I did yesterday.  Earlier in the season I felt more of the effects of the previous day's ride on Sunday.  Nice to see the training rides paying off.  At this pace I'll definitely be ready for the cross-country ride by mid-May.

I took my camera along and took a few shots on my ride today.

The abandoned Bethlehem Steel plant on the Lehigh River in Bethlehem, PA.  The steel making complex drove the Bethlehem economy through most of the last century.
This is the driver of the Bethlehem economy in the last few years.  The Sands Casino Resort - built on the grounds of the old steel plant.  The sign uses a portion of the abandoned steel super structure.
Three of a herd of 7 or 8 deer that crossed in front of me on a quiet country road south of Bethlehem.
Three wild turkeys beside the road.  One of two in the distance is in full tail-feather display.

No comments:

Post a Comment