Colder today than yesterday, but I rode again. It was a bit below 40 when I started out and rose to barely above 40 during my ride. There was some sunshine which helped. It felt quite cold when I started, but after a few minutes I got warmed up and didn't give much thought to it the rest of the way. I'm sure they were skiing at Bear Creek again today, and I'd say the skiers were more on target regarding the weather than me today.
I did a relatively short 20 mile ride, but I included one decent climb. I rode up 5th St. in Emmaus over South Mountain. It's not very long, but according to the mapping website mapmyride.com the grade is in the 4-6% range for a bit less than a mile. There aren't many long climbs anywhere in my riding area, but I'll do all I can to get in shape for the TransAm. From what I hear, the route across the U.S. is NOT flat.
Here's hoping the weather continues to warm up and I can ride every weekend leading up to May 19th.
Hi Mike.
ReplyDeleteThis sounds really exciting. The pics
are great. I look forward
to sharing your journey across the states.
Go west young man.
Rob