Friday, August 10, 2012

More from Portland, OR - Friday, August 10th

I am writing this from the lobby of my motel in Portland, OR on Friday around noon.  Yesterday was a very busy day getting everyone loaded up in Florence, driving to Portland and distributing everyone and their bikes to their hotels, bike shops, etc.

I didn't have time yesterday to blog about the day and I'm hoping to get out and see a bit of Portland today before I catch my red-eye flight home after 11:00 pm this evening.  When I return home I'll do another couple of posts with some more wrap-up details and more photos.  I also hope to share some final thoughts after I've had time to digest all that has happened in the past >3 months.

There are LOTS more pictures from the waterfront celebration which I didn't have time to post either.  I'll share those when I get time as well.

For now, it was a great experience, I'm thrilled to have done all that I did and I'm looking forward to getting home to my wife Pat and my home.

Thanks for reading and check back again over the next few days for the wrap-up!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Mike B!

    A!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike a very big CONGRATULATIONS!!! what an experience. I don't know what I'm going to do first thing each morning now. I looked forward to reading your blog each morning.
    Well done.

    Glenn

    ReplyDelete